One way to connect to a cause and show support is by wearing a T-shirt. Also organizers and volunteers in the field are recognizable by others if they have questions. The Unity Express is looking for talented designers that want to create a beautiful T-shirt design that people would wear any day, not just during the event. Because carrying out the message of the project should not stop after the event!
Tips & requirements
- We would like to have two T-shirt designs: 1 for crew so people know where to turn to when they need us, and 1 for passengers and volunteers. Please keep the distinction between the two to a minimum, as we don’t want to create a big gap between the organization and the passengers.
- Make the design recognizable enough as The Unity Express, but attractive enough to be used as everyday T-shirt
- Make sure the T-shirt fits our Styleguide. It’s not a very strict guide, just some general directions, really.
- Please find all design files (like vector logos and previous artwork) in our publicly available SugarSync share (most can be found in the folder “Design”). Go to the Getting Started page to know how to access the files.
- We will make all designs available in an online shop, so don’t worry about wasting your time, you’ll get the credits you deserve!
- We might however choose a design ourselves to be used as official organization shirts and as shirts for some volunteers that deserve one too (like yourself!).
- The designs of the shirts should be delivered as vector graphics to ensure the best printing quality.
- When you accept this challenge you agree that the designs of the T-shirts will be released under the Creative Commons by-nc-sa 3.0 open source license, to stimulate open innovation and remixing of creative works.
- See for more information about the project this website, under The Project and The Movement in the navigation.
We have a long lasting desire for custom designed T-shirts already, so the earlier, the better. If you accept this challenge we would like to finish within 2 to 3 weeks after you send us the E-mail.
General resources you might need to complete this Challenge
- Check out the "Get Involved" page to see how you get access to all of the necessary documents and information, like the public shared folder (provided by SugarSync)
- Check out our Download section here on the website for the most frequently used files.
How accepting a Challenge works
- After you click on the button below, an E-mail message will be created. Tell us why you want to commit to the Challenge and about your experience with this work
- The Challenge Coordinator will get back to you within a couple of days, telling you if you can start with the Challenge or not.
- You can always leave a comment on this page or E-mail the coordinator if you have questions!