We love other languages! Help us make the most important documents for the project more comprehensible for people that don’t speak English by translating (parts of) them into another language that you speak fluently.
The documents we are talking about for now are:
- The Project Leaflet
- The Story of The Unity Express
- The template letters to sponsors and partners
- The project outline document for sponsors and partners
Tips & requirements
- Please only translate if you speak one of the requested languages fluently or as your mother tongue
- The best way to translate the documents is via a text editor like Word. Be sure to indicate which piece of text is meant for what chapter or part.
- After you are done translating, you can send the text to us
- Use services like Google Translate to look up difficult words that you don’t know how to translate
- If you have the time, please let someone else proofread your translation, to double check you got the message right
Things you don’t have to translate
- Words like Unity Express and other brands in texts. That just looks silly.
- Names of persons
We would like to have the translations of the documents done before mid October 2011. This is because we have the Unity Express on Tour that month, where we will go to all the cities in the route to promote the event. It would be nice to have promotion material ready in people’s native language. If you accept the challenge of translating one or more documents, we would like to receive the translations within 2 to 3 weeks, starting from the moment you accept the challenge.
General resources you might need to complete this Challenge
- Check out the "Get Involved" page to see how you get access to all of the necessary documents and information, like the public shared folder (provided by SugarSync)
- Check out our Download section here on the website for the most frequently used files.
How accepting a Challenge works
- After you click on the button below, an E-mail message will be created. Tell us why you want to commit to the Challenge and about your experience with this work
- The Challenge Coordinator will get back to you within a couple of days, telling you if you can start with the Challenge or not.
- You can always leave a comment on this page or E-mail the coordinator if you have questions!